Internet down

What a nightmarish day! About 3.10pm my internet connection just packed up for no reason at all. I've just got a standard ADSL setup, nothing fancy, but it's been very reliable for years, now it just died on me. I was running a few medium footie positions and a biggish one on Deme vs Oudin, waited for a bit to see if it would come back to life but no joy, so decided better get the f*** out of everything pronto! Never placed many bets on the phone and was pleasantly surprised how clued up the bloke was taking the bets. Then down to the internet cafe asap to try and rescue what I could.

Quite happy to get out of the day with a reasonable profit in the end after all that chaos, though obviously a bit annoyed at the footie reds and the red on Deme, solely due to having to get out as best I could. In fact I was rather a lot more red on Deme but managed to reduce it down the cafe.
The connection resumed at 11.15pm just as suddenly as it had died, and again for no discernible reason. Maybe some workman had cut through a cable, who knows, but it has made me aware just how vulnerable you could be. Nowt to be done about it, though.

Dubai kicks off tomorrow with a pretty full program, and a few matches in Memphis too. Not too sure how much liquidity there'll be at 8am UK time on a Sunday morning with the matches not televised. The Sunday kickoff might also explain the losses by Schiavone, Lisicki and Dushevina earlier this week (ahem).

No comments: