About me

I started off my punting on the horses many years ago. This was in the days before PC's and I used to spend hours manually doing my own handicaps using pencil and paper and a card file index, one card per horse, and postal updates from Raceform. How times have changed! I must've tried every system and method going, but only the tried and trusted methods of form reading really worked in the long run.

But I got bored of that and with the explosion of online sports betting during the early part of the century started looking elsewhere, trying to apply the hard lessons of form reading learned on the horses to other sports. (Tennis punters often whinge about the very occasional fixed match - they should try doing the horses for a month!)

Bizarrely I didn't apply the techniques of money management that I'd learned. Now why that was I really don't know, as in hindsight it was so obviously a must have. But I punted in a totally chaotic haphazard manner.


After one particularly insane run in Autumn 2006 it dawned on me that things were getting a tad out of hand. I stopped completely for a few weeks and had a think about things, finally adapting the methodology used on the horses and as outlined here. I've managed to follow that with the odd tweak ever since. (Ok ok, I've had the odd lapse, but show me a sports bettor who hasn't strayed from the straight and narrow and I'll show you a liar!).

I settled on WTA tennis as the main area of interest as it's so much more pleasant looking at the girls than a herd of horses or hairy sweaty men! And it's so much easier and more fun following the fortunes of a hundred or so tennis players than hundreds upon hundreds of nags!

No comments: