Another scarily good day

Someone once advised me "Things are never as bad, or as good, as they seem" which is comforting in the bad times but rather worrying in the good ones. Had another ridiculously good day today, so good that I went and got carried away and made the rookie mistake of overstaking the first golf trading of the year, which duly obliged by losing! In a way that's a good thing as I sit here waiting for the Superbowl to kick off, as it's brought me back to earth with a bump.

The Fed Cup went scarily well, with one speedbump when I backed Squeaky on the basis she might be inspired to play better as Serbia were 2-1 up, and how Kleybanova would react to being 1-2 down was unknown. How wrong can you be! Squeaky really is in a bad way at the moment. Losses were soon recouped by a max bet on Russia to win the deciding doubles - a quick inspection of the doubles records of the 4 players showed the Russians to be in a quite different class.

Interesting to note Cornetto was dropped for today's match, Julie Coin playing instead.

My one footie bet, Chelski, also obliged, as did yet another NHL bet! Then the aforementioned massively overstaked golf went tits up - there was one point where I could've greened up but stupidly allowed the preceding successes of the day affect me and let it ride, ending up losing what would normally be a nice figure for a whole day's betting. Discipline discipline discipline! You cannot relax for a moment in this game. Still, a fine end to a good week.
No prematch bet on the Superbowl. I do think Indi are too short, but just not brave enough to back against Manning. Then up at 9am tomorrow for the WTA in Pattaya.

No comments: