19 Feb

Two horrific bets today, one based on sentiment, the other on lust! Hardly PROpunter behaviour, and packed things in after the second one lost.

I'll always tend to favour an attacking player over a pusher, and just cannot get it into my thick skull that the slow courts of today make this the age of the pusher. Errani beat Goerges today and didn't hit a single winner in the first two sets. As someone on WTAWorld said

"2 sets 0 winners is slightly more horrifying than 2 girls 1 cup. Please leave the top 10" .

I thought it might be time Arantxa Rus started realising her undoubted potential as I thought she'd played well in defeat in Auckland and Melbourne. But sadly today wasn't the day. 23 double faults in the thin Bogota air hardly helped, but I was so loathe to face facts and just could not bring myself to bale out as her opponent, the extremely mediocre Torro-Flor, had never, repeat never, won a main draw match before in her entire career! 

Oh well, draw a line under today's sad events.

No comments: