Hard work today

BenesovaLots of matches, many overlapping, lower ranked players prone to all sorts of chaotic behaviour! Got to love it.

Of the 13 matches in Prague, 10 were won by the favs, the losing favs were Bacsinszky and Chakkers. One match I'm not sure who the fav was as it was a LL match and only added late by Betfair. Quite an amazing strike rate for the favs, although it seemed rather more chaotic at the time. Pretty disappointed in Chakker's performance - she'd played very well against Dulgheru last week and her oppo today, Pervak, didn't strike me as being up to much when I saw her play Pova in Wimbledon. A crazy pre-match market, with Chakkers matched at odds from 1.57 thru 1.94, SP was 1.65.

In Palermo, favs won 8 of the 12, a more normal sort of strike rate, though only 1 of the losing favs was really short odds - Parra Santonja. The other 3 were all 1.85+, Camerin, Pivovarova and Parmentier, so no real shock any of them losing.

Usually it pays to avoid the players who played in the latter stages of the previous week, but they all came through today, although Dulgheru has since withdrawn.

My main win today was on Cornetto, who I refused to believe could lose to the hopeless LL Paszek. It went much, much closer than I thought it would and I had to go no lose in the 3rd set for safety's sake, and wasted a lot of green. Otherwise it was all bits and pieces. With the fav strike rate, especially in Prague, I have a hollow feeling that I should've won a lot more today!

There's only 7 very ordinary looking matches tomorrow. May well take the day off.

No comments: