12 July

PironkovaDon't think I missed much action at the weekend - all 4 favourites won, although 3 went to 3 sets. Congrats to Szavay and Rezai.

After the weekend break it was back to business with qualies and 1r's. Amazed to see the amounts being matched on Betfair for these matches. I noted 3.2m GBP matched for Rybarikova vs Tatishvili - that's what you'd expect for a Tier 1 final.

I didn't note the SP's of the qualies - the Palermo markets went up pretty late anyway. Of the 7 1r's, 5 were won by the favs, Amanmuradova and Rybarikova being the losing favs, Craybas franking her 4-0 h2h with Akgul, making it 5-0. Maggie went to sleep after an easy 1st set and then couldn't get going again - has this ever happened before?

There was a bit of a plunge on Duque Marino, backed in to 1.35 at kickoff from 1.85 overnight, but it was a very thin market, one of the thinnest of the day, with only about 80k matched by kickoff. Interestingly, there had been a similar plunge on Castano when she played Zuzana Kucova's sister last week.

Started off with a nice win on Ungar who I'd backed pre-match on the basis that Paszek is a poor, and larger, imitation of her former self who I never thought was much good anyway, and Ungar, although no world beater, has been playing and winning on clay. Then I loaded up some more early in the 2nd set when Paszek bizarrely went odds on having had an mto between sets and clearly struggling. Thank goodness for a feed as no way could I have made that bet from SB only. You might wonder how the win was so disproportionately large - Paszek was low 1.3's fav, and the staking plan allows for a double max bet in special situations, and I felt this was one.

Then spectacularly effed up the Rybarikova match! Was sitting on a nice all green when Maggie broke to go 5-5 in the final set. Felt confident she'd trot up from there so switched it all and chucked in some more. But she didn't. Bah. Maybe a bit guilty of being too gung ho after the earlier win.

The rest of the day was a bit of an anticlimax after those 2 matches.

3 comments:

Rod Hull said...

Hi mate,

Amanmuradova was the dog in her match. I backed Craybas at 1.85 in the morning so unless there was a reasonable drift on old Jill then my guess is she would have remained fav.

Rod.

Rich said...

Really? Thought I saw good ole Jill as the 2.1 dog at kickoff. Maybe I looked just after and there'd been a driffy on the first few points.

Rod Hull said...

Yeah you could be right mate. Like I said I backed her in the morning around 8am so she could have drifted by the start.