Reverse Tilt?

Quite a chaotic weekend.

Going "on tilt", also known as chasing losses, is a well-known phenomenon among bettors, to be avoided at all costs. I'm not too prone to that, in fact any losses tend to make me stop and probably reduce stakes. But I am prone to what you might call a reverse tilt, upping the stakes when I have a win or three. This isn't quite as undesirable, as you're betting with profits, but it can lead to the also well-known boom and bust cycle whereby the initial bank will be increased dramatically only to be lost back again in short order.

Why do I mention this? Because I went on a bit of a reverse tilt over the weekend. But thankfully I've not lost it all back, nor have I any intention of so doing. Following the nice win on Dani on Friday, I was quite convinced Dani would come back and beat Cib, and similarly that Pav would do that to Dani once she loosened up in the final, and piled in on both. Most of the profits have been withdrawn and it's back to the usual stakes for tonight.

The chaos mentioned at the beginning was inflicted in the form of a nasty virus deposited on my PC from a justin.tv site. There I was idly watching a Davis Cup match when whammo! Popups everywhere. I've got so much anti-this and that on the PC that sometimes I think it grinds to a halt because of all the protection, but somehow this thing got through. So spent most of Sunday fixing that. Thankfully managed to get most things going again for the Final in Monterrey though I missed the rain-delayed semi and had to hedge out over the phone.

Other than the tennis, had a few bets on cricket and footie, not very successfully on the footie! And the bizarre run on the NHL continues - very odd, as I know nothing about the sport, merely have a look at the form on Covers.com.
Indian Wells qualies tonight - should be entertaining!

3 comments:

Sports Punter said...

Nice one mate, you'll have to tell me more about this Reverse Tilt...

Good Luck

SP

The Rev. All Green said...

Nice, gp.

And still I finish higher on the WTA tipping comp. ;-)

Mr B said...

Nice wins, keep it up.