Haven't got a clue!

It's really weird how some days you can form a reasonably solid opinion about events yet other days feel completely clueless. This is quite separate to getting it right or not, but just about having that opinion in the first place. I felt pretty sure about most matches last week, I got some right, some not, but at least I had a feel for them. Yet I've felt quite hapless since Monday, a sort of a numb feeling when looking at the lists of matches. Perhaps it's because last week a lot of the matches were streamed so we could see how the players were doing whereas this week so far it's just the scoreboard. Also it's still 1r with matches between the lower ranked players and qualifiers. Whatever the reason I've not been betting at all. It's reminiscent of the first week of Melbourne when I felt a similar numbness.

The results haven't been that unusual, however, the favs have been trotting up. Didn't write down the sp's on Tues, but on Weds 14/16 favs won, only Kanepi a short odds loser. The layers fared a bit better last night, with only 9/16 favs winning, a few short odds casualties - Safarova, Hradecka, Petkovic, Oudin, Shvedova.

Mind you, it's not just the tennis I've been feeling numb about, it's other sports as well. So I seem to have watched a lot of sport over the last few days without betting on any of it! Updates when I get some "feel" back.

4 comments:

The Rev. All Green said...

hey, gp

what was the Henin drift prematch ?

Rich said...

think it was 1.06 to 1.12. if you mean why i've no idea, rev.

The Rev. All Green said...

I think I've officially entered the Twilight Zone, gp.

Started with a new bank of 100 yesterday. Had a bet on Benneteau, who served for the match in the second set vs the number 650 in the world (Ok, it's Ancic but still) and he lost in three. Managed to limit the loss.

Then had another bet on Cilic vs a guy who had won one (1) match this year. Cilic served for the first set, got broken and then didn't win another game for the rest of the match.

WTF ! Bank gone of course. I'm truly amazed.

Rich said...

That's such bad luck, rev. The 1st 2 rounds have been a minefield with players having their 1st matches struggling against oppos used to the court :-( Even now we're into 3r it's still v tough. I've still yet to have a bet, and will probably be sitting out tonight (Sunday) too.

Just please don't start following my tip of the day and jinx that! ;-) 5 out of 5 for IW, even though i've not had a penny on any of them LOL