15 Feb Two wrongs don't make a right


Blimey what a day! I'm too exhausted to mention everything that went on, but am SEETHING at myself for losing discipline twice in two days, even though it turned out well today.

Yesterday I'd messed up with Bart, today I got involved with Squeaky, even though I'm sworn off her matches. I was happy enough just watching till I saw how well Patty was playing, and just lost it and got stuck in. The red yesterday plus today's win are exactly the sort of large swings and roundabouts I'm trying to avoid. Gah.

I also messed up several other matches, not least Dani and Kvitova. Both were winning finalists a mere 48 hours ago and just had to be laid, but I monumentally messed up both markets. A big green on the Petkovic match was fiddled away to a small red, a nice win on Groth was missed because the scoreboard went down and I had to hedge out to be safe, in fact so much went wrong today I'm amazed I made a profit! LOL

There was an astonishing match in Bogota between Hercog and Parmentier, which had 24 games before the first break of serve, on clay to boot. Cannot recall ever seeing anything like that before.

No comments: