14 Feb Bloody Bartoli


God I hate Bartoli. She has such a bad rep due to dodgy injuries, retirements, tanks, abuse of the MTO, all sorts of chaos over the years. I can't help but lay her, and lay her, and lay her some more even if she's winning! Plus having seen her lose from the most improbable of positions I can't resist holding on to a position for too long. She did me again today, though I feel that it was right to hang on as long as I did, as the first set couldn't've been closer, 10-8 in the tiebreak. But she won in the end and destroyed all the earlier good work. Think I shall have to ban myself from her matches.

(The pic isn't Bartoli btw, it's Chanelle Scheepers who beat an awful Kirilenko today. What's up with Kiri?)

Then BZS went and got hammered by Michaela Krajicek in Memphis! Babs had played quite well last week, and Krajicek hasn't beaten anyone of note for donkey's years. That did my head in and I shut up shop for the day.


Some mouthwatering matches tomorrow in Dubai, with three of last week's finalists reappearing on short rest. How focussed will they be, one wonders? Wherever you look on the card there's interesting matches, but sadly many will be on at the same time. One hopes the live scoreboard will be working tomorrow, as it was very dodgy today.

No comments: