20 Jan


Some excellent tennis to watch today. In particular the first set display by Jovanovski was stunning, though sadly she couldn't keep it going. Other notable bits I saw were Peng out-JJ'ing JJ, Cornetto playing with some confidence again, and Lucie and Kookie producing some fine rallies, winners and howlers in their 3 setter. Four favs lost out of fifteen, with one match evens the pair pre-match.

Made some dodgy decisions which cost me some green. I held on too long before greening up when Jovanovski started to fade, and fiddled about too much in the Lucie vs Kookie match, turning a nice all green into a small all red. Also I decided I had to take the red when Makarova went to a first set tie-break, too dodgy to hold on. She then, of course, won the tight tb and proceeded to bagel the 2nd set! Doh. But a good day overall, mainly due to a nice win on Peng. JJ just had to be laid when she got backed in to 1.55 from 1.8 prematch, even more so when Peng showed up on court minus thigh bandages. A baffling market move (but then I would say that, wouldn't I? lol)

No comments: