18 Jan That's more like it!


After the chaotic and ill-prepared punts I had yesterday it was gratifying to see some solid results last night having put the required legwork in. Having said that, 30 mins after kickoff I was staring at huge reds in all 3 matches I'd bet on! Peng had dropped the first set easily, Jovanovski was 1-5 down, and the talented but mercurial Martic was having a hard time vs the very mediocre Ferguson. It was hard to know whether to stick with the picks or take the red. Decided I had to go with the form picks and sat it out, and was gratified to see all three turn it around and win.

Good to see Cornetto get a nice win, and at odds against! Though knocking off Coco isn't that much to shout about. And a big surprise to see Molik return to some form and beat Vinci.

I'd also decided to stay away from Squeaky matches. I do hate her and her fist-pumping on court antics, and cannot make objective rational decisions in her matches. Typical that the day I decide to do that she gets turned over!


My ISP has a maintenance outage tonight from 1am to 5am - fine for most users I suppose, but scuppers any betting, unless the outage ends early.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice day :)

I thought of you when Squeaky got rolled (doing a little happy dance around the lounge).

I have to say I admire your ability to stay out of matches when so many are on! I'm hopeless in that respect.

Rich said...

lol thank you, i know what you mean. maybe the real function of doing the homework isn't to decide which matches to bet on, but to pick which matches NOT to bet on! once you look at the form, injuries, and so on, and you think "fck me, i can't bet on that!" leaving a match alone is easy :-)