18 Feb

Only 2 of the 4 favs won in Dubai, with Na Li having to retire and Bepa's run finally coming to an end. I'd really like Peer to beat Venus tomorrow just to see what the Dubai organisers do for the final, but doubt it'll happen as Venus looked much more focussed than she did vs Govortsova. But you never know!
Another fine day of betting. This is getting quite ridiculous! But it'll be hard to keep up this pace as we move towards the weekend and the later stages of the tournaments, and that'll be a relief in some ways. The reason I started this blog was to try and help with discipline and it's certainly done that, but an unexpected side effect is the pressure I now bizarrely feel due to this good run. I am even considering stopping blogging for a bit if it does seriously start to affect my thinking. We'll see.

Debating whether to try and stay up for Pova vs Baltacha. I suspect Pova may well trade higher during the match, but it's still well over an hour away ......

No comments: