7 July

8 of 11 favs won today, though with varying degrees of difficulty. The losing favs were Kleybanova in Budapest, and ALG and Rus in Bastad. Safarova, Dulko, Strycova and Hercog all dropped sets. I failed to cash in on Sevastova as wasn't keen to back her odds on, only for her to romp home easily!

Chakkers was very unlucky that her match has had to be suspended due to darkness as she clearly had the momentum - it could be a different story entirely when they resume tomorrow. It reminds me of the Pova vs Henin match in RG when it was clear Pova would've prevailed had they not had to break overnight. I was on the wrong end of that suspension and fear I might be on the wrong end of today's!

A pleasing day, though.
I also had a few small bets on the MLB overnight. I got into it a little when Eurosport stopped covering the late sessions of the US hardcourts and so I had the baseball on the TV for something to watch while following the scoreboards. A very strange game it is. Fans scramble and fight with each other to get the balls which are knocked into the crowd, the manager performs a little ritual when they change the pitcher, going out to the mound and patting the departing pitcher on the back. All very odd. But it's something to watch in the background, and if I can make a few quid as well then so much the better.

No comments: