23 March

A stunning 11/12 1r favs won, with only Dushevina losing. 3 of the winners lost the 1st set - a deadly scenario for in play lumpers! Didn't write down the qualie favs so can't be sure, but I think 8/12 won, with Sevastova (inj), Kerber, Flipkens and Tanasugarn probably having been fav and lost. Had suspected Sevastova of being a LL but it appears not.

I messed up a bet on Duque Marino yesterday - wasn't paying attention as I was watching the cricket IPL and failed to red out early. Still surprised she lost to Morita on these slow courts. Then I completely forgot I'd had a bet on West Ham, didn't even watch the game! Don't think it made much difference as I'd've redded out at 0-2 which wouldn't've saved that much. Other than that, Lucie saved the day with a nice inplay lay of Kanepi at the start of the 2nd set. Poor Kanepi. She had been on a roll and playing great stuff up till she got injured in Madrid a year ago, but has struggled badly since.

2 comments:

The Rev. All Green said...

LOL
Guess who picked Douchebagvina for the tipping comp.

2 breaks up in the final set too.
:-|

Rich said...

stunning, rev!