3 Feb part two

Ended up having quite a decent day today although I'd not anticipated anything too special.

I always keep an eye on the Betfair tennis forum for any mention of fixes. They are a bit of an alarmist bunch on there, but they do have a pretty sharp nose for dodgy looking matches. Then I'm in the habit of laying whoever wins the alleged fixed match in his/her next match, the rationale being 1) s/he is crap otherwise the odds on the fix wouldn't've been any good 2) s/he won't care as s/he's paid the bills for a while thanks to proceeds from the alleged fix. I've no idea if the reasoning is valid, but most of the winners lose their next match. Dodig had been in an alleged fix on Monday and he played today and duly lost. Jelenic was in one yesterday and he's next up tomorrow for this particular "system", though not at very good odds.The footie produced some good results, including a muggg treble, though I messed up the Turkish Cup afternoon game by being greedy and not greening up, and getting done by a late equaliser. And I got a bit carried away after the earlier wins and overstaked laying Sevilla hoping for a Getafe equaliser. Dammit! Never mind, a nice green day.

(You may be wondering why I was red on Fulham despite backing them in the acca. As both Tottenham and Inter had already obliged I decided I'd hedge the acca against a late Portsmouth equaliser by laying Fulham) Debating whether to stay up for the Copa Libertadores. A fun tournament, and great to watch via a web stream of a native language tv channel to get the exuberant commentary rather than suffer the turgid drone of the Betfair live video idiots.

No comments: