Snow, sleep, and the first brain fart of the year

What a crazy 24 hours!

Due to the very cold spell in the UK I was stuck at home yesterday and, out of boredom, had a punt on the ATP - something I don't usually do. Somehow I managed a nice win on Davydenko without ever risking too much, just swapping green from side to side. The market is so in love with Federer that the slightest hint of a recovery and it drops like a whore's knickers!

I then gave most of it back on the footie in the evening. That was particularly annoying, as a lay of WBA was so obvious on the form, yet I decided to back the draw and cover the home win as I figured those who know far more about footie than me had set the odds at evens for a reason. Hmmmmm. Then failed to red out when they went 0-1 down thinking they'd equalise, only to be sunk without trace by the 2 more 2nd half goals in quick succession.However, that's not the brain fart of the title - that's yet to come!

Had a quick nap but got up an hour too early for Auckland and passed the time with a little bet on Stepanek which surprisingly came in. Then a nice little win on Wickmayer in Auckland. Impressed how quickly she got over her early 2nd set wobble - last year those wobbles lasted much longer, often resulting in a 3 setter. Very pleased for her, as it's some compensation for her having had to miss Bali over the ridiculous alleged drug-taking cafuffle.

What with the tennis overnight in Aus and NZ, sleep patterns are all over the shop right now and I wasn't at all sleepy after that. Saw Roddick had dropped the first set vs Berdych. Now from what very little I do know about ATP, Berdych is really not one to be trusted so decided to have a little dabble on Roddick at nice odds.

Quite how I managed to get up again in time for Henin vs Clijsters I really don't know. But there I was happily sitting on a small bet on Clijsters when she suddenly decided to leave the court midway through the 2nd set! Now Clijsters and finals has always been a dodgy proposition and no reason a year off would make any difference, so I went to switch, only to misclick and lump on ten times as much as I'd intended on Henin! I blame lack of sleep. Was never going to recover from that and ended up having to take a big red, though luckily it wasn't more than preceding profits. So what should've been a good day's profits went up in smoke!

No comments: